Chili Pinto Beans
We eat a lot of pinto beans in our house. They have a lot of nutritional value and are cheap. My husband enjoys taking them to work for lunch or just eating them with cheese for an easy dinner. But they have became "boring" to me. So I decided to try something new. I bought a box of this chili mix kit. I found mine at the local grocery store for a little under $2.00.
**First off, you need to make sure your pinto beans are cleaned and all of the half broken ones are out. **
I used the crock- pot on HIGH
Added about 3 cups of DRY pinto beans
Filled with water so the water is about 2 inches over the beans.
I added all of the packets that came with the chili mix (it wasnt too hot)
Cook for about 5 hours, or until the beans are tender. Keep adding water if the water is getting below the beans.
______________________________________________
These beans are so flavorful and can be eating with some cheese as a tasty healthy meal. I enjoy adding garlic powder and pepper to mine as well!
_______________________________________________
Please remember to clean off your beans before cooking!
No comments:
Post a Comment