Shredded Chicken in the Crock Pot
I like to start the week of by cooking two large chicken breast in the crock pot. It is perfect to use for tacos, salads, enchiladas, soups or anything really! My two year old daughter loves to eat just the shredded chicken. She is not a meat eater, but loves to munch on this.
Ingredients:
2 large chicken breast. I buy a big frozen bag of them, and thaw them out as needed.
2 cups low sodium chicken broth
1/3 cup onion
Pepper & Salt
Steps:
Place two chicken breast in a crock pot, I used a 5 qt small one.
Put in the cut up onion.
Add two cups of chicken broth.
Sprinkle pepper & salt to your personal liking.
Cook on low for about 5 hrs, or until the meat is tender enough to shred easily.
You can always save the broth for another recipe if you would like, just store in the freezer!
No comments:
Post a Comment